The conference on “Electromagnetic Interactions with Nucleons and Nuclei (EINN)” had been organised on Santorini and Milos Islands in Greece every other year since 1995. In 2011 its location was successfully moved to Paphos, Cyprus. The conference series covers experimental and theoretical topics in the areas of nuclear and hadronic physics. It also serves as a forum for contacts and discussions of current and future developments in our field. The conference has unofficially been a counterpart of the US Gordon conference on photo nuclear physics and held in alternate years with traditionally a strong US participation. No proceedings will be produced, in the tradition of Gordon and Euro Conferences, in order to encourage the frank exchange of even tentative information. The pre-conference is organised by young physicists and focuses on skill and career development as well as research. Further, a series of pedagogical lectures will take place on the day before the conference.
Pre-conference: 31 October – 01 November 2021
- Frontiers and Careers in Photonuclear Physics – skill development and talks for students (click to view the pre-conference event website)
- Introductory talks
Main conference: 02 – 06 November 2021
- Nucleon form factors and low-energy hadron structure
- Meson structure
- Partonic structure of nucleons and nuclei
- Baryon and light-meson spectroscopy
- Precision electroweak physics and new physics searches
- Nuclear effects and few-body physics
We invite you to submit abstracts for talks at the workshops and for the poster session. Contributions not selected for talks will be given the option of a poster presentation. There will be a poster prize for the three best posters, which they will also be promoted for a plenary talk at the conference.